Advanced Biofilm Wastewater Treatment Using BioCord™ Reactors
WHAT IF THERE WAS A WASTEWATER TREATMENT SOLUTION THAT
- Had a capital and operational cost that was considerably less than current market solutions?
- More affordable to communities with limited budgets?
- Took up a much smaller foot print?
- Was simpler to operate?
- Gave treatment results that met or were below new Federal and existing provincial regulations?
- Was modular and could be installed in steps to suit budgetary constraints?
- Could retrofit an existing system or be a stand-alone new system?
WHAT IS BIOFILM?
Biofilm is a natural aggregation of a complex community of microorganisms growing on a solid substrate. Biofilm technology works in three stages attachment, growth and dispersal.
- Attachment of bacteria to surface
- Growth of bacteria in multiple layers
- Detachment and collection as sludge
Biofilm is very resilient against toxic shock and hydraulic surges.
HOW DO Biocord™ REACTORS WORK?
Biocord™ Reactors is a substrate manufactured specifically for wastewater treatment using Biofilm Technology. This substrate allows symbiotic layers of different bacteria to develop, mirroring the process that occurs in nature. Biocord™ Reactors can be used to treat polluted water in oceans, rivers, lakes, as well as from municipal and industrial sources.
The cord structure of Biocord™ maximizes surface area for Biofilm development.
In recent years, there has been an increased focus by government regarding the discharge of wastewater to the environment. Many municipalities have either no wastewater treatment facilities, or facilities that are deficient or over capacity. Traditional wastewater treatment technologies have become cost prohibitive for municipalities. With that in mind, our focus as a company has been on technology that is proven, effective and affordable.
This video shows a full scale demonstration of Biocord™ reactor technology at the Township of Southgate performed by WaterSolve’s partner, Bishop Water Technologies.